Monday, June 16, 2014

Working on my tan. Camry.

What do the Holy Grail, the lost city of Atlantis, mermaids and a particular tan Camry have in common? I have exactly the same chance of finding any of them.

I wrote here, and here about the auto accident I had almost a year ago that totaled my 2008 Lexus ES350. The only glimpse of the person who hit me, then ran, came from the other car she hit. The person who crashed into us was driving a tan Camry.

I work a lot in Orange County, so I have the (clears throat loudly) pleasure of slogging it out on the 405 South quite frequently – the same freeway I was on when I was hit. And even though I know I’ll never find it again, every single time I'm driving down there, I keep looking and hoping I'll stumble across the tan Camry.

Of course by now, the driver has either repaired the front end damage to her car, painted the car, sold it or all of the above. And because there are so many Camrys on the road, many of them tan, my adrenaline and hopes are on a constant roller coaster ride during the daily commute.

In this case, like the lottery, I know the odds and I keep playing anyway. I’m not even sure what I’d do if I saw the car. I know what I’d like to do.

But of course it'd depend whether I was driving my car or the wifes Land Cruiser.

No comments: