Saturday, May 1, 2010

This is not the post you're looking for

You've come to the right place. You just got here at the wrong time.

If you recently clicked on a link expecting to be taken to a post called "Survey Says!" I have some bad news for you. I was advised to take that post down. And since that person knows a lot more about the potential consequences of leaving it up, and I'm paying him for his advice, I took it (Hint: Not a doctor. Not a shrink. Getting clearer?).

It leaves me in an interesting predicament though. Here I have this situation going on that I'd love to just be a bloggin' fool about (if you've been following RNB for a while, or caught "Survey Says!" before I took it down you probably know what I'm talking about).

For once though, I'm going to try to focus on the positive aspects of being reined in.

Normally I'd bitch and moan that I can't write about something I want to (only child? Why yes, why do you ask?). But this time, I'm actually helping my cause by listening to someone who knows better. It's not the first time I've done that. But if you know me at all, you know I don't do it nearly often enough. I have a long trail of knee-jerk emails that never should've been sent to prove it. Where the hell is that unsend button anyway?

So I'll keep it short. Because if I write about all the good advice I've gotten over the years I didn't listen to it'll only depress me.

Like when a good friend told me I should take the auto accident settlement money and buy a house because I'd never have a lump sum for a down like that again.

Okay, okay, I said I wasn't going to write about it.

Or the nine unit apartment building in Brentwood I could've bought for $279,000 except I thought that was so much money at the time.

Alright I'm done.

The giant 2 bedroom in Tribeca my friend wanted me to share a 20-year lease on for $300 a month. Hey, twenty years was a long time.

Maybe this post was a bad idea. A friend told me not to write it because I'd start down that would've, should've, could've path.

But hey, guess what I didn't do?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm imagining that Joyce & Carolyn are huge fans of your blog.

-John