Sunday, July 4, 2010

All is not lost

Through absolutely no effort of my own I've recently lost 28 pounds in about 6 weeks. (pause) Thank you.

I did it through a little method I like to call the stress diet. The reason I was on it was because of a situation my attorney won't let me blog about (but if you've been following closely - and remember some posts I had to take down - you can figure it out).

While I was in the middle of the situation, I looked at the weight loss as the silver lining. My belt now buckles a few holes further down. Pants that didn't fit before are now big on me. Shirts that had dust on them from being on hangars in the back of the closet for so long are back in the rotation (yes, they're black shirts - shut up).

Anyway, the situation has gotten considerably better, that constant knot in the pit of my stomach is gone and unfortunately I've regained my appetite. So now, the challenge becomes having to actually work to keep the weight I lost off. And to lose more to get down to where I want to be.

People tell me I don't look like I need to lose more weight, that I look just fine. Of course the easy thing would be to believe them.

But while it's very kind of them to say, here's the thing: even though I know I don't look as heavy as I did, it's still a numbers game. And I know the numbers.

So even though all is not lost yet, hopefully it will be soon.

All I need is some more stress in my life. Wonder where I can get me some of that?

2 comments:

Vicki said...

We're hear to help, Dear.

Janice MacLeod said...

Vicki! THAT is funny.

I, too, enjoy the after effects of the stress diet. When my life is shit, I look fantastic.