Friday, July 16, 2010

Dreaming at midnight

Sadly there's no shortage of things in the course of a day that make me feel stupid. I don't usually seek these things out, because, you know, who wants to feel stupid? Maybe stupid people. But they're too stupid to know they're feeling that way.

I'm way off topic here.

Anyway, I went with my friend, my son and his friend to the midnight show of Inception last night. And guess how I felt after seeing it? Two words: stu pid.

I'll admit no one forced me to be one of the first to see it. I signed up for it - volunteered like it was the Midnight Mission on Christmas Eve.

All the telltale signs of seeing a midnight show were evident. The late dinner. The waiting (and waiting) in line. The run for the seats. The new trailers. Then, finally, the movie.

I don't want to say too much in case you haven't seen it yet (a good chance since it just came out today). You already know from the trailer it's about dreams within dreams within dreams. It plays hide-and-seek with you between what's a dream and what's real - as if I didn't have enough trouble telling them apart already.

It's visually stunning in many parts, but if my life depended on it I couldn't exactly tell you what was happening at any given point.

Maybe I'll see it again to figure it out.

Meanwhile, at the risk of Leonardo Di Caprio stealing my innermost thoughts, I'm taking a nap.

No comments: