Sunday, August 14, 2011

Tracks of my tears

If you follow this blog - and really, shouldn't you be out in the fresh air and sunshine? - you know every once in awhile as a public service I take time to contrast and compare the same song performed by different artists.

Did I say public service? I meant when I can't think of anything to write.

I've done it for Stand By Me and a song called Secret Heart. Today, for your listening pleasure, Tracks Of My Tears. Smokey Robinson wrote it and made it a hit. The first and last videos are of him singing it.

Please to enjoy.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

What a tribute to a perfect song. I can't pick my favorite, though I have to say, Linda Ronstadt's version is my benchmark. I love older Smokey -- more soulful than the young Smokey. I love Kris Delmhorst's searching voice and chordal take. And Adam Lambert is a revelation.
Well, who knew? I have a summer's day for comparing lovely to lovely.
Thank you my dear.