Sunday, March 7, 2010

It's an honor just to be nominated

How does this show get worse every year?

Don't get me wrong - I like interpretive dance to motion picture scores as much as the next guy. But really, isn't there a better way to present those nominees?

There were a few memorable moments.

The testimonies to the best actor and actress nominees from their colleagues were genuinely touching.

And Steve I - don't - think - he's- had - any - face - work - why - would - you - say - that Martin and Alec the- prozac- should -be - kicking - in - any - minute - now Baldwin had the occasional funny and very funny moments.

I suppose the redeeming part of the evening was Avatar not sweeping, and The Hurt Locker and Kathryn Bigelow getting the recognition they deserve.

I know it's easy to sit here in the cheap seats and take shots at people who are definitely more talented and accomplished than I am. But that's part of the fun of watching.

Maybe one day, with a lot of hard work and a little luck, I'll get nominated for an Oscar and be one of those people up there. I might even win.

If I do, I'll do an interpretive dance of my acceptance speech.

I hear they like that.

No comments: